My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Ten Best Days of My Life

A couple weeks ago, I finished reading a novel. It's a huge accomplishment because it was my FIRST read ever - The Ten Best Days of My Life written by Adena Halpern. It all started exactly a week prior to finishing this book. (Yeah, I'm a slow reader...) I was in Barnes & Nobles with my son looking for the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. At the time, I was having a bad week. I was unhappy with the past decisions I've made. I was questioning my parenting skills. Not only that, but the day of my dad's death anniversary was nearing. It was just not good. I usually get by these sucky times real quick. It's just like weathering through a bad rain storm. Soon enough, I'll see the California sun beaming through the gray clouds. Typically, when I'm in this sort of mood, my mind goes into 'daydream' overdrive. During my visit at Barnes & Nobles, I led myself day dreaming my way upstairs to the Non-Fiction books section. It was overwhelming. This section was huge! For those who don't know me, here's one important fact - I HATE reading BOOKS. So there I was, browsing through a bunch of books. I needed to find something that would help me focus and steer me away from all this day dreaming. Houston, we have a problem - How the hell does one find that 'one' book? There's so many to pick and choose from! I was lost. I didn't know where to begin. I tried BBMing my sister for recommendations, but that didn't help. Mainly because we have different preferences. I finally narrowed my search to the the ones that were front cover faced on the bookshelves. Yeah, yeah...I'm a dork. Yeah, I'm lazy but I LOVE convenience. For me that says alot. The book title and the wonderful front cover illustration stands out. In my case, I was looking for something cheerful. The nice blue skies of Adena Halpern's book said hello to me. I picked it up. Read the back cover and fell in love. It was like this book was intended only for me. It was the only copy and was less than 300 pages. Done. My mission was accomplished just like that! After reading this book. I felt happy. I was happy that I actually finished something I've started. (FYI- was born into this world as a true procrasinator.) I was happy that I enjoyed reading the book. More so, I was happy to realize that there is so much more to do in life. There are so many things life has to offer for me. It's just really weird. The book contained of alot of small but very meaningful pleasures. It made me appreciate everything around me. It really makes you think. I'm sure if you were to read this, you'd understand the value of one's life and how different circumstances make the person that you are today. It's a trip. You start to think about all the stuff that matters from a young woman's point of view. If I can relate, I'm sure many others will know what I'm talking about. I highly recommend it. It will make you laugh hysterically and also shed a tear. I guarantee you will really look at alot of things from a brand new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment