My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"The Talk"

I must have forgotten ever receiving the memo regarding "The Talk"

So, I've been hanging out with a certain individual.  Let's call him NuBoo for now.  NuBoo was my 1st Date of 2010, as well as, the fella who accompanied me to the beautiful Angel Island for the Segway tour.  So there.  A bit of a background behind NuBoo.

Anyway, I've been approached by a few people asking the status of our affiliation.  My answer:  I don't know.  Then the next thing they ask:  Well, have you had "The Talk"?  I go:  WTF is "The Talk"?  I always thought "The Talk" referred to the birds and the bees discussion you give to your growing  adolescent, (WHICH by the way, I've failed majorly during my attempt - it was quite hilarious if I think back of it now...poor son of mine).  But nope.  "The Talk" referred to the relationship talk.   The big word I sort of have been scared of during these past few years- commitment.  And no....I'm not a cheater!  Pause.  No judging allowed.  But for your information, I don't have problems committing.  I just have issues committing to the wrong men.  Make sense now?  Now that we have that clarified, moving on...

I decided to entertain myself as I was the one who has been entertaining a lot of people this past week.  We'll talk more about that in one of share-bare's ranDUMB moment posts.  Coming soon at a web browser near you.  So back to "The Talk".   I google'd "The Talk" and I came across this web page titled, "How to Have 'The Talk' With Him"  I'm a boggled right now.  Oh, the stuff you find in the internet these days...*sigh*  Read it for yourself.  But, if you are lazy like myself, I will save you from the torture by listing their 4 tips: 
  1. Get a Goal
  2. Pick the Right Setting
  3. Choose the Right Words Wisely
  4. Seal the Deal
I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't this look wrong?  It's like I'm reading tips on how to negotiate with a car salesman on purchasing your first car....Hmmm.  After all this nonsense, I've decided to look no further and IGNORE what the web is trying to tell me.  Let's just forget I ever did that, shall we?  I'm also going to politely blow off everyone around me who asks about my affiliation with NuBoo.  If I knew, then I will tell you.  But for now, I don't.  OK?  Besides, I don't want to end up over thinking the situation.  I'd much rather like to continue enjoying NuBoo's company whom I care deeply about at this moment in time.

1 comment:

  1. At least you have a relationship to ask about. I don't have one with a man and don't feel any pressing need to have one. Which makes me gay except I'm not. I feel for you but I feel better for me that I don't have to answer dumb questions.

    Read your bucket list. Here's my takes:

    13 - awesome and easy. Bring a camera. My brother used to bring his old clothes and give them out here. The day my Mom found out he gave away his Ralph Lauren rain slicker that she gave him for Christmas? Hilarious.

    16 - You will float. You will not be alone and if you float you will not drown. Float. Swimming is easy after that.

    18 - Wave

    20 - It's a no brainer.

    26 - The time and situation has to be right. You'll know it when you are there. Done it twice myself.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete