My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goals, Goals, Goals

Instead of having it called a New Year's resolution, I'm going to change it up and refer it as a goal.  Resolutions are meant be broken but goals are meant to be accomplished!  So what are my goals, you ask?  Hmmm...not sure. I'll have to get back to you on that.  Here are a few goals that I'm currently pondering on:

  • Wear make-up when I leave the house:  This is a tough one and will require me to make some accumulating expenses at M.A.C., Benefit, and Sephora.  I'm not really looking forward to that.  I'd rather spend it on an expensive sushi dinner.  
  • Go for long runs at least once a week with my new puppy:  This is gonna be super challenging considering I can't walk a few feet without a leashed, thirty-four pound (and still growing!), active Labrador Retriever dragging me behind him. Let's start with obedience training first, shall we?
  • Dress age appropriately:  Totally dreading this one.  But the after effects of the family's field trip to Milpitas' Great Mall yesterday is leaving me pretty optimistic about this one.  I love the dresses I purchased- yes dresses and yes plural!  Am I really going to start to look like a girl on a daily basis?  Possibly.
  • Lower the volume on this bad temper of mine:  My most challenging goal of them all.  This includes decreasing the use of profanity.  This also includes smiling a bit more.  For every situation that sets me off, I'm going to pause and put on smile on my face as a mental distraction.  It sucks that math does not fit into this equation.  Two negatives will not turn into a positive this time around!  I've never tried this technique, which by the way, I just made up just two minutes ago.  I so hope it works! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Reasonable resolutions to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called mine goals this year as well. I'm hoping that keeps me in the "get them done" spirit. :O)

    ReplyDelete