My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Eli: Design of the Decade 1998/2008

What a suitable title! Thanks Janet Jackson for the creative idea! 10 years ago today at 3:22AM, my life changed. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Eli. He was nicknamed E-40 for a quick minute. Reason behind it was because that was exactly my labor time - 40 minutes! Prior to me giving birth to Eli, I was simply watching MTV's 1998 VMA Awards by myself in the living room of my one bedroom apartment I shared with baby daddy. Ben Stiller was hosting. Some of the highlights of the Awards show were performances by Mya's Ghetto Superstar, Master P's Make 'em Say Uhh, Brandy and Monica's Boy is Mine, and Beastie Boys' Intergalactic. Anyway, I was lying on my comfortable beige microfiber couch and then suddenly, I felt the most painful menstrual cramp ever! I told baby daddy who for some reason was chillin in the bedroom. I don't think he was very into MTV hence me watching it all by my lonesome self. I called him and said I think it's time. He then told me to call Kaiser, which I did. Tell me why the advice nurse told me to call back when the pain really kicks in?! Umm, mother-f**ker...why else would I be calling you if I wasn't in pain?! I said fine and hung up. So, I continued to watch until I felt I could no longer stand the pain/contractions. In less than an hour the contractions came more frequently so I knew it was definitely time. Before, we left for the hospital, I called my sister, Irene who at the time lived like a couple blocks away. She walked over and rode with us. We got to Kaiser and was admitted. The nurses placed me in one of the labor rooms. So funny, when we got there, I no longer felt the pain. My contractions went away. Nurses then advised me to walk up and down the hallway in hoping it would induce my labor. I did but ended up cappin on a chick that was doing the same. I was so mean. I said something like [LOL], "Look at her...she hella looks like she's in pain. Poor thing". Irene was like, "Share, you're so mean". Irene and I only walked for maybe 2 minutes. It was going no where so I wanted to lay back in bed. So doctor finally came in and was like "Hey, you want me to pop your waterbag or not?". Of course, she said it in a more professional manner but I think she was just trying to get me out of the department. Once I agreed to have them manually pop my waterbag with a freaking stick then pain BEGAN! I was like ooooooooooooooh crap. This is the most painfulest thing ever!! Now I know what the advice nurse was talking about previously when I was on the phone with her. Nurse saw my pain and asked if I needed meds. HELL TO THE YEAH I DO! But by the time she came back, I was already in labor and pushing. Great, just great! I'm going to have to pull this labor off 100% naturally. My sister Irene was holding up my left leg and baby daddy was holding the right. For some reason, spreading my legs wider with my knees bent was supposed to help with the process. It was already awkward having my sister there. Ugh! Anyway, I was having trouble pushing in the beginning. Basically, I didn't know how. Like WTF Doc, can you show me real quick?? After 10-15 minutes, I tried a different technique of pushing. I guess I was pretending I was taking a deuce. It worked! I was making great progress. I kept up with that technique and then BAM! It's a Boy! 6 pounds, 13 ounces and 21 inches long! Damn he had hella hair!! So there....and 10 years later here we are. It's great being a mother! Best gift ever! Can't wait to have another one. This time, I'll wait until I'm married or engaged at least. ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI! I LOVE YOU! I dedicate this song to you...This is the song that you wanted me to play over and over when you were only a couple months old. If I didn't, you would NOT stop crying. Oh the memories...[sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment