My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Graphtech Guapos

I can sum up this weekend in two words: Ass Beat Yesterday, I was playing at the SMASH Co-Ed Softball League tournament representing team Graphtech Guapos. Thanks Cuzin and Jay for having me! We arrived at Twin Creeks in Sunnyvale close to 1:00pm. The vibe was fantastic. I felt like I was in a cheer leading competition like the movie Bring It On. Loud music, huge crowd, players observing their opponents, and numerous uniforms. I was very uncomfortable in the beginning until I saw tons of familiar faces. Let's just say, it was an El Camino High School Reunion all over again! I never knew how much people were into softball. Incredible, I say. Soon enough I was no longer in nervous anxiety mode. I was super pumped! I have to say our uniforms definitely stood out! We wore black t-shirts with a tuxedo on the front. Although it was not uni-sex friendly, the males looked well dressed with their red bow ties! Pop 'Em boys, pop 'em. It was a fun but disappointing day. We lost BOTH games. Unexpectedly I had a blast! Lea, Crystal and I (only chicks of the team) made the most of our day. All of us hit the ball at least once - YES! That's awesome coming from someone that's NEVER played a softball game before. As far as defense, we pretty much left it to the dudes. I played Left Center the entire time. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything impressive. Let's not forget about my lame hot potato hand off. Yes. I said hand off NOT throw to the Short Stop. It was hilarious! I think McNabb's passing techniques rubbed off on me. LOL! Wrong sport, Share! Oh Well. It was a good laugh for all except for our competitive team members. All in all, I had a great time. It was exhausting but it was worth the experience. Our MVP for the day was Edwin. Whoo hoo! Good job! He scored the one and only point for the day! Luckily ALL competing teams were automatically in the Play Offs (today). I woke up this morning with extreme soreness. I drove back to Twin Creeks to face off yet another team. Score 15-1. We actually scored 2 in our hearts but due the rules of the game our first point did not qualify as a home run. Boo to the Umpire! It was a quick game. We tried to be optimistic but no luck. I was glad it was finally over. I just wanted to go home and rest. Our team scored "A" for effort and team spirit. Thanks Team for having me! Go Graphtech Guapos!!

2 comments:

  1. why don't you post a picture of you in your graphtech uniforms? hahah. glad you had a good time. maybe i'll see you @ the next smash tourney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO BEARS! sorry i had to give props to my team.

    ReplyDelete