My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Alex Karev

If I were to compare myself to a fictional character it would definitely be Alex Karev from my favorite drama television series, Grey's Anatomy. I know, I know. He's a dude and I'm a chick. Personality-wise I think the two of us are very much alike. And yes, I know most of you fans of Grey must think he's a jerk. Leave him alone...he reminds me of me! So, I just finished watching the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. In one of the last scenes, Karev finally had to guts to confront Izzie about his feelings for her. It's about time Karev! In prior episodes, Izzie has made many attempts to express her feelings towards Karev. And every single time Karev would just blow her off. It was just a matter of time that Karev would finally crack. And that he finally did. I'm so happy for them both. They are now exclusive and "going steady". I just love the connection they both have for each other. I wish I can find my Izzie (a male version though, ok?). Like Karev, I have an offensive type of behavior. Don't believe me? Well then, I guess you don't know me. I'm truly competitive inside and always want to be better than anyone else. I'm not quite sure if I'm suffering from the case of the middle child syndrome so let's just not rule that out yet. I hold a lot of pride and can be very insensitive at times. In true honesty, that's my defense mechanism. Hiding the sensitive part of me just makes me feel stronger than everyone else in the room. For those that first meet me can't possibly predict the true person that I am. I've noticed throughout my life I've had people tell me that I come off as a shy and reserved person. I can be but once you get to know me, you'd wish I'd remain that shy and reserved girl. As far as dating and relationships are concerned, it takes a whole lot to crack into this thick exterior of mine. Only a selective amount of individuals close to me have seen the softer side. And sad to say, only a few have suceeded in being exclusive with me. As brutally honest Karev is with his patients is like me with my friends and family. I'm truthful to those that mean the world to me. I have morals and will stand up for what I feel is right. So what's the point of this whole blog post about me and Alex Karev, you ask? Well, being hopeful that I attempt to be at times, I'm trying to be optimistic that I find an Izzie. An Izzie is someone that who is patient and can teach me how to express my emotions. My Izzie would help me keep that balance needed for a sucessful relationship. I've scared off a lot of guys in the past. I can also admit that some of them were actually good catches. But hey - things happen for a reason and I'm not going to dwell in the past. All I can say is that there's got to be someone out there - shoooot.

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. I think it's freakin' great that you keep it real.

    Yeah, I have yet to see the "offensive type of behavior," but I WANT to! So why don't you BRING it, Sharon! haha...I ain't scurred (scared).

    "BRING IT," did I just say that? As if we're gonna have a cheerleader dance off or something!? yeah, I'm random like that, A-N-Y-way...

    I'll talk to ya later ;-)

    ps i still haven't talk to my aunt about "the thing" (LMAO) yet, but I will and I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete