My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Saturday, March 27, 2010

High Def...Mos Def

I'm getting there...to my goals that is.  2010 goals to be more specific.  The hardest one I've had to accomplish is make-up. 
Wear make-up when I leave the house:  This is a tough one and will require me to make some accumulating expenses at M.A.C., Benefit, and Sephora.  I'm not really looking forward to that.  I'd rather spend it on an expensive sushi dinner. 
Madz wanted to hit up the mall today so I agreed to tag along.  I wasn't intending on buying anything but thought of my recent bbm conversation with BooBear about how ladies should just worry about looking nice for men.  LOL!  Knowing me, I can give a rat's ass about my facial appearance.  I'm a wash and go type of girl.  But that's not a good trait to have ALL the time.  I need to start caring about how I look starting from inside out.  So far, my insides are getting there.  I'm starting to get in good physical shape which is alleviating my inner stresses of life.  I have to admit.  Exercising really helps.  I feel good about myself and let me just tell you - I can be a very self conscious person!

Anyway.....we head to Sephora because Renee wanted to buy some make-up.  Liquid foundation to be exact.  I thought...hmmm, I should buy make-up, too!  Well, well, well.  This might be 2010 goal day.  Sure enough, it was.  Some half Chilean, half Filipino employee named Victor helped me get what I need to look good.  Hehe.  He asked what my issues were.  Issues?  Ummm, I don't wear make-up?  No, that's not an issue. Oh! Oh!  Then I thought - dark circles under my eyes.  He said that area of my face was challenging.  "Do you get enough sleep?", he asks.  "Um, I get plenty of sleep!"  Moving on...

I told him that I wasn't very pleased with the past products I've purchased.  MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation was my purchase about four years ago.  MAC dried up my skin big time.  Not only that, it made me look all cakey.  Now who really wants to look like a freakin' mime?!  "Not I!", says share-bare.  Two years ago I converted over to stila natural finish oil-free makeup.  I loved it during the winter but during the warm summer days, it just melted on my face.  Who really wants to see runny make-up on my face?  Scary, right?  It's like Wax Museum gone wrong!  Totally.  He recommended MAKE UP FOR EVER.  I said sure.  Straight High Definition make-up for my face?  How awesome is that?!  $190 later, here I am with more than just the basic liquid foundation.  All together, I got MAKE UP FOR EVER's HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 140 (soft beige); HD Microperfecting Primer in green to eliminate the redness on my face; HD Microfinish Powder to set in my look; and black Waterproof Eyeliner as my finishing touch!  I also got some concealer for my ugly looking dark circles.  He told me to get the Kat Von D tattoo concealer (not pictured on the right...I forgot) to get the full on coverage.  Whatever you say, Victor!!  I'm a fan of L.A. Ink so why not.

Purchasing make-up is the easy part.  Now, if only I can get myself to put this stuff on before I leave the house EVERY day.  You think it's possible?  Possibly.  TFT days are an exception.  share-bare does NOT, I repeat DOES NOT wear make-up to the gym and/or outdoor work outs.  It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment