My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Am I "Ploomy" Worthy???

A few months ago I was introduced to this website by a friend: www.ploomy.com. I have to admit, it definitely contains very good reading material. It's a website for men and what they need to know. Ladies...they obviously need to know ALOT more, so hit up the site and lend a helping hand or article. But seriously, I consider it a cross between my favorite t.v. show Friends and the male version of Martha Stewart Living in blog mode. Very knowledgeable and entertaining for a gal like myself. Some articles are about the nothings that all men seem to stress about. I love it! It's specifically geared towards men readers, but f**k that. I'm nosy and I want to know, too! Ever month or so, they nominate a female from around the country and publish an article about them being the featured Ploomy Girl. These girls are hand picked by the editor. After reading their articles, I began to wonder - Am I "Ploomy" worthy? It's fairly difficult to describe myself to others. I usually let them be the judge. But in reality, when other people judge me, most of the time the results are misunderstood. The story of my life...(sigh) Could I be "Ploomy" worthy if I'm a single mother of the Bay Area? Or maybe if I'm a loyal friend to all that know me? Or if I have a website that helps promote natural beauty? Or if I donate blood periodically? Or if I help charities and fundraisers? Am I pretty enough to be "Ploomy" worthy? Do I have the right personality? Can an 8-5 Accountant who sits at her desk all day long be "Ploomy" worthy? Who really knows. Let me just list a bunch of random things you may NOT know about me. Maybe I will stand out from the crowd that way - yeah? Don't you think that would be an awesome and terrific idea? BRILLIANT, I say. BRILLIANT!

  1. I have physical deformations: my left ear is higher than my right ear and I have one boob that's slightly larger than the other. 
  2. I practice imitating and doing reenactments of television commercials that should have casted me for cheap instead of that high paid idiotic person you see all the time.  
  3. I'm a sigh-aholic *sigh*  
  4. Not only do I dance when I'm driving in my truck - so do my fingers!  
  5. I still don't know the order of the Alphabet  
  6. I don't listen to a darn thing that you say to me when I'm in hungry status mode. Please repeat when I've inhaled a few gigantic bites or scoops of food. Thanks!  
  7. My feet and cold foam pillow help me through sleepless nights. 
  8. I never smoked a cigarette my entire life 
  9. People watching is one of my favorite hobbies 
  10. I still don't know how to apply make-up.  
  11. Pink is NOT my favorite color. As a matter of fact, it NEVER will.  
  12. Yes, I understand Tagalog DAMNIT!. So stop talking crap!  
  13. My wet drool on pillows = a good night's sleep ;) I don't like flowers. They remind me of funerals. 
  14. You know how people have to have popcorn at the movies? Well, I have to have my sour patch kids.  
  15. I've saved the best for last - I have a special super power: MALE X-RAY VISION! I have the ability to picture ALL (i seriously mean ALL) men within nothing on but their birthday suit. It can be a bit disturbing at times. 
Dear Founder/Editor of Ploomy, (if you ever read this) 

I just want to thank you for taking the time in getting to know me - YOU ROCK! If I ever become a Ploomy Girl, I would be oh so grateful. Do you know why? Throughout my 20's, I've always dreamed of being a Maxim Girl. But then I've come to the realization that those girls are the typical uniform cookie cutters of what a man dreams about being with. Now that I'm turning 30 this December, I NO LONGER want to be that girl. Once I became a reader and subscriber to Ploomy, I'm even more determined to NOT be that typical cookie cutter chick that superficial men desire. I want to be that imperfect positive trendsetter of realness and individuality that GENTLEmen need in this world. Being "you" is more valuable than being anyone else in this world! It's all about variety, baby! So, let's stop forming these one-dimensional clones in which today's society publicizes. 

Sincerely, 
share-bare

No comments:

Post a Comment