My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Monday, June 30, 2008

VOTE FOR share-bare!

After having a lonesome weekend, I got some good news a few minutes ago... It all started a couple weeks ago. I was reading an article in one of my new favorite websites: ploomy.com (yes, I'm obsessed with men and what they need to know) The article was about a "Writing Challenge". They were conducting a writing contest. Basically, you write a short article (500-1000 words) of anything you think men would like to know. While I've been addicted to blogging my butt off on Blogger, I decided to take it to the next level and babble myself out through something different. That's when I decided - What do I have to lose. The great part about the contest was that I would get 2 months of advertisement on their site. Coolness (I thought to myself). I could advertise my blog and/or my new website. Now, wouldn't that be AWESOME?! uhhh...YEAH, DUH! So I did it! I entered myself into the "Writing Challenge" :) I submitted my article pretty close to the deadline (June 27th - Midnight). I really didn't think I did well on it though. But I guess that doesn't matter anymore because...YAY! I'm one of the FOUR finalists!! Check it out! Just a heads up or and FYI, shall I say. It only took me an hour and a half to write it. My other opponents must have studied and done a lot of research before composing their article. I'm pretty sure they brainstormed, wrote a 1st draft, 2nd draft, and 3rd draft before their FINAL draft. I'm not the type to do that, so hopefully you can give me some credit for creativity, speed, and originality! Please read my article at: Ploomy Writing Challenge Voting If you enjoyed reading it, make sure to rate my article 5 stars!! Thanks for your support! WISH ME LUCK! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Dating reminds me of the game MONOPOLY. Your main goal is to get Boardwalk. Everything is going well, and then all of a sudden you get a minor setback. You flip that Chance card over that says, “Go to Jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200”. Next, you are blind-sighted by your opponent who takes over and gains possession of Boardwalk. After that, everything just goes downhill and you say f**k it! I’m done!
As a single woman in search of good company, I tend to question myself:
“How come no one ever asks me on a date?”
I think I may know, but I’m not going to make any assumptions. Let me tell you what really is bothersome about the initiation of dating. Honestly, why do we seriously need to rely on the World Wide Web (i.e. match.com, eHarmony.com) to locate a date? I find it absolutely hysterical that our generation’s last resort is “How to Get a Date” via wikihow:
“Step 1: Find Someone You Like Step 2: Make Contact. Start a conversation…”
Wow! I’m not even going to attempt to give you Steps 3 through 9. Are we really this dumb and idiotic? The point I’m trying to get at is that most of us single and available men/women are no longer self reliant on our own actions. The fact that we seek information elsewhere other than within ourselves is very sad and quite disappointing. We have come to the point of emptying our pockets to pay subscription dues. For what? To fill out a computerized compatibility test? What cracks me up is that we will attempt to retake and alter these tests over and over again until we are satisfied with the results we want to see. I’ve done it and I’m sure a few of you have as well. What a waste of time, right? Are we just getting too lazy to think for ourselves? Are we too lethargic (<—-I feel smart using that word) to even go out, mingle, and socialize with the opposite sex? I confess. I myself have fallen into this category. Therefore, it’s time to make a change for the better. Besides, I’m sure we can find more practical ways to spend our taxable dollars. Wouldn’t you agree?
BTW – Don’t start complaining to me how hard it is to meet people. That is just plain bullsh*t. We all know that getting a date can be very complicated but at the same time, it’s simple common sense. Back in the 1950’s, it was unheard of for a woman to ask for a date or to initiate the dating process. The men were supposed to do all the work. In the February 1959 issue of Seventeen magazine, a young man wrote:
“Growing up has taught me one thing: there is an infinite number of ways by which a boy can meet a girl. I’ve also found that once he meets a girl — and becomes interested in her — a boy must indulge in a sly, artful practice called pursuit.” (72)
Nowadays, we women need to recognize that it’s OK to make the first move. Let’s practice the women’s equal rights movement that our fellow ancestors fought so hard for back in the day. No more excuses and definitely no more putting all the blame on men.
To both men & women – I’m not going to list any rules that you should follow because you are all different. I’m not going to tell you the best place to meet someone. I’m not going to tell you how you should ask someone on a date. Lastly, I’m certainly not going to tell you what pick-up lines actually work. All I’m trying to communicate is that we need to just be ourselves and if you see someone of your interest – go for it! Don’t even think twice or hesitate. Dating is a pursuit, so go on girl/boy! Chase it!
p.s. Call me! ;)]

1 comment: