My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Saturday, June 14, 2008

METABO

I'm downright in total shock mode. The pressure to be thin has grown internationally! Not only that but Japan has their own "preferred" word for the term, overweight: metabo. WTF?! They said the word obesity created a negative image. Ummm,I have an idea. How about no longer creating nicknames for being fat?! That would be great! Yesterday, my co-worker, Jason forwarded me an article about Japan being obsessed with their already small waistlines. Ridiculous, right? It's so true though. Basically, there is a 2 month old law in Japan requires that waistline measurements as part of physical check-ups for people between the ages of 40 and 74. Crazy, right? Not done yet. There is limit requirement. Men = 33.5 inches and Women = 35.4 nches. So, you ask, "What if they fall over the limit?" LOL! For one, you are considered OVERWEIGHT. Second, you have 3 months to trim your waist. If you fail to fall below the government requirement, you will receive education on dieting. Is that wrong or what? Talk about being anorexic over there! You know I'm a proud supporter of fitness, exercise, and eating right but I'm not that hardcore! Come on people. Let's just be healthy. We all know junk food is bad so eat more fruits and vegetables! We all know exercise helps us live longer and build stronger bodies so go walking or do fun activities! All it takes is common sense not some stupid law! Insane man, totally insane. My advice to the Japanese - boycott your summon notice for the metabo check up!! If you are happy with your weight then more power to you. Don't let the government take over your life! Check it out: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/13fat.html?ex=1371096000&en=710f33a2ec431b91&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment