My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake Tahoe Getaway Weekend

Good Times...Good Times!! It was not much of an action packed weekend. It was just chill - the way I like it. Last Friday, we drove up to South Lake Tahoe. The scenic drive was beautiful.
My niece, Caitlin was anxious to see the beach during our 3 hour drive. My other niece, Janelle got car sick. Highway 50 can do that to you! My son, EJ and my sister, Mary Anne played the rock contest 1 hour prior to arrival.
"Big Rock Mine!"
We were the first to arrive at the magnificent cabin. Thank you Bernadette!
Janelle got sick but we got hungry. Before picking up some grub, I decided to take EJ and Caitlin to the Pope beach to get a preview of what we were to expect the day after.
Saw a cute Ice Cream parlor right on the highway which created major traffic due to the pedestrians crossing the this 2 lane highway. It was a short visit cause we were all hungry. I decided to browse Lake Tahoe Blvd. Found a hole in a wall burger joint called, Snowflake Drive-In (cute name, I know!) to the left. Busted a U-turn and tried this place out. Ordered 2 Tahoe Burgers (locals favorite supposedly) with curly fries and 3 Corn Dog meals for the kids. Yummy! Friday was pretty kick it. Just waiting for the rest of the family to arrive. By 6pm most of us were all in. Next - PLAY Wii! YAY!
For Saturday morning, we had french toast, bacon, sausage, and sininag (sp?). Here's a pic of Jen making her infamous french toast. Total Yummy!
We then headed off to Camp Richardson. I got kind of tanned but it wasn't good enough. I don't think Lake Tahoe sun loves me as much as Waikiki Beach sun. I guess I got to wait until late October[sigh]. After a few hours of sun bathing and taking a quick dip in the cold lake water, we headed back to the cabin. Everyone pretty much showered up, chilled, munched on snacks, and napped it until it was tine for dinner. Nate grilled up some Korean BBQ. Yummy 2x!
Afterwards, we played a little more of Wii and then decided to change it up. Let's play Killer everyone! It was so fun. I always take this game seriously. I'm oh so competitive. Watch out now! I'm also a really really REALLY bad liar. It was fun! Cousin, Reynier made Game 3 or 4 hilarious! He got so nervous when he drew out the Killer card that he literally had to take a deuce! THEN Janelle had a bloody nose and the girls thought Irene (Janelle's mom) panicked because she saw a creepy crawler. All the girls screamed and jumped onto one couch piling up on one another. Talk about messed up. Poor 4 year old Janelle thought she turned into a monster which was why the girls steered clear away from her. When Irene brought her into the master bedroom to clean her up, she got so concerned and cried out, "Mommy, everyone thinks I'm a monster!!" Too cute and too sad at the same time. The girls felt so guilty. They decided to all line up in front of Janelle to apologize and give her a hug. OH d-d-dear.
The next morning, us cousins woke up to the smell of good grub cooked by the adults (can I still say that if I'm 29?). Adults - referring to Tito Boy, Tita Ester, and my mom. LOL! It was literally a buffet of food: longanisa, sausage, spam, eggs (scrambled & over easy), chopped tomatoes, ribs, pandesal, corned beef, left over sinigang, sininag(sp?), and of course, steam rice. Yummy 3x!
Finally, it was time to shower up, pack, take our traditional family pic outside the cabin and head back home. Boo! I think we all had a good time. We ended up hitting up Folsom Outlets on the way back home. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment