My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wax from Hell!

I learned that I will never try to prepare for a trip last minute. So I was leaving for Las Vegas last Friday at 10:23pm. I originally planned to pack for my weekend trip at least the night before. That obviously didn't happen. Karma is definitely a bitch. So my day started with getting ready for work. During my lunch break, I decided to get a wax. I went to a Vietnamese owned salon on 3rd Avenue near the office. They know me there. I've been going there for a long time - 4 years more or less. So I go inside the salon and my wax lady, Kelly was sitting down behind one the manicure stations. "Hi", I said with a smile. "Oh Hi. What you like?", she asks with her heavy accent. "I just need a wax please", I say discreetly. She then tells me to follow her to the back and upstairs into her 'private' room. We quickly got to work. Within 10 long minutes, my session was almost over. She then asks me if I wanted to do my upper lip. I was debating for a quick second whether or not to get it done. I remember it was only two weeks since I last did that part. I had one more week to spare but I said, "Eh, what the heck..sure!" She did it and for some reason...it hurt on one side. Hmmm, maybe it was just temporary. I quickly got up, went back downstairs, paid Julie, said my good-byes, and was on my way back to the office. As I was crossing El Camino Real, I noticed that my face was stinging. It was really odd since the tingling sensation usually goes away quickly. When I got back to my desk, I looked at my compact mirror. WTF?! My right side of my upper lip was red and swollen. It started throbbing and appeared a bit fleshy as I looked closer. I finally realized that sh!t. Wax lady burned me! On top of that, she decided to take uh 4 layers of skin off my face! OUCH!!! I wanted to cry. Oh nooo! The only thing that came to mind was crap! I'm leaving for Vegas tonight and I'm gonna look like sh!t! What perfect timing! MY LIFE IS OVER!! Looking on the bright side, I was able to conceal it with foundation and face powder for Friday and Saturday night. Sunday and Monday wasn't looking good for me. I was in straight upper lip dry scab mode. Disgusting! It looked like I had herpes (knock on wood). It looked like I was growing a mustache only on my right side from afar. Even nastier! It was worse than having a zit between my eyes (which btw, I have at the present time - UGH!). Today, I was finally relieved. With the help of Neosporin and the non-stop hustle bustle work of my skin cells, my scab finally healed this morning. YAY! I'm back to normal. Now, I have to find a new place to get a wax. It sucks because, I also would get bikini waxes at this place. Now I have to go show a brand new person my private each time before I find someone I feel comfortable with and also does a good job. Can I say awkward?! Life can suck for a female, I tell yah. [sigh]

1 comment: