My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hopeless Romantic

It's been an HOUR into our drive to the Annual Pillow Fight in San Francisco.  We are nearing an hour and a half.  Really?!  Normally, this drive would have taken us maybe 30 minutes, more or less.  Unbelievable.

Eli, Janelle, and Tates, whom I like to refer as the "Three Rascals" are constantly at wits ends with one other.  He's teasing her.  She's pushing him.  She won't be quiet.  He's being mean.  Ugh!  Total restlessness sets in between the three while we are sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the Embarcadero.  The slow traffic doesn't really phase me as I'm practicing my favorite hobby of all time:  people watching.  It's a beautiful evening with clear skies.  Temperature in San Francisco was probably in the mid 60's.  Poor little Tates was filled with panic and anxiety while the windows were rolled down as she thought that someone was going to grab her from outside our vehicle and take her away.  Put the blame on her mother for implanting that thought in her head to begin with.  Ryree and Eli both admiring the picturesqueness of the city.  I was highly anticipating to witness the Ferry Building's clock tower to strike 6:00pm.  This time around, I was praying for a yellow street light to buy me some time.  Renee was totally obsessed with the dude in the car next to her.  She was a bit bothered by him staring at her so she rolled her window back up whenever he'd pass us up.  Pretty hilarious.  Ryree and I were like, "Let him check you out!" LOL.  We saw people of all kind roaming around the streets of San Francisco.  We noticed a street bum taking a nap next to his shopping cart overflowed with his random possessions, which included a desk floor mat.  Tons of people lugging their drool infested pillows.  There were  a couple women walking barefoot while their high stiletto heels were on hand. Gross!  Can I say, "You'll get Hep!" There was another lady with her dog mortified because shortly after she picks up her dog's diarrhea in the middle of the sidewalk, it decides to poop some more.  Her boyfriend or friend also, by the way, doesn't bother to help.  We noticed a guy struggling to parallel park his car.  He had to pull out three times and start over again.  The parking space practically had room for two Mini Coopers.  He so had space and should have got it at one shot.  Even I was tempted to offer my assistance.  We also noticed a couple getting out of their vehicle to have it valet parked.  It looked as though they were ready for a romantic dinner at the ever so classy restaurant, Waterbar.  Nah!  Apparently, it was merely all about taking a mobile photo of the Bay Bridge (perhaps for a mobile upload for their  Facebook status?) instead of walking side by side and enjoying each other's company.  This is one of the main reasons why I uninstalled my Facebook App from my Blackberry phone.  It's a constant distraction from enjoying real life.  It seemed as though, it was a busy date night in the city.  DUH, right?  A lot of couples walking hand in hand.  Some even holding flowers and/or balloons.  During one of our stops at a red light, we were fighting our way to catch a glimpse of the caricature artist's work from our car.  So many people were gathered around him.  They probably were anticipating for their "couple" portrait to be drawn next.

Anyway, the subject of V-Day comes up as a conversation between us three sissies.  Apparently, they claim me to be a true hater of this glorious Hallmark holiday.  "To be honest, I never liked the holiday.  Even when I was in a relationship."  They still think it's a lie.  But really, I can't really recall a V-Day of my 31 years of living that I've truly observed this holiday.  Even in grade school.  I truly believed the holiday was forced on me during my childhood.  I felt as though, I had to make my mom buy me them perforated cardboard like greeting cards for school.  I had to give the most nicest one to my crush that year.  For what reason?  So, he knows that I like him?  And then what?  What if he didn't like me back? 
Renee:  Ryree - Do you consider yourself as a hopeless romantic
Ryree:  Of course!
share-bare:  Really?  I dunno. 
Renee:  Yeah, I think I would be, too if I found the right person.
Ryree/Renee:  share-bare is just a hater.  
It's hard to believe that two-thirds of us would consider being a hopeless romantic.  I mean, we were all raised by the same mother.  Wouldn't you think we'd share similar opinions?  Nope.  The two of them would actually celebrate Valentine's Day if they had a significant other.  I, on the other hand don't feel it's necessary.  The red foiled heart-shaped balloons are lame.  The chalk heart candy is lame.  All that red and pink decoration is totally lame!  I don't know.  Maybe, one day I'd convert from being a realist to a hopeless romantic.  Until then, nothing is going to change my mind of this ridiculous holiday.  Maybe a cupid's arrow will be my only hope.  If such a thing really does exist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment