My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The 2nd Letter of the Alphabet

Let's back track a bit shall we? On October 15th of last year, I joined match.com for the second time around in hope of finding a cool dude. First time was more of a social experiment. It was all just for fun and curiosity. I was able to experience how it felt to be on a disaster date numerous times. (For example, I met a dude at a bar on Polk Street. He yelled at me when the bar dude took his unfinished drink away while he was in the bathroom. His drink looked done to me and in my defense, he didn't tell me!) Anyway, I was convinced after watching "The Secret" to give it another try. So here was my basic profile:
About Me: I don't really ask for much, but maybe it's time for me to deserve something good in life and if that happens to be a good genuine man, then I'm all for it! Friendship is everything. In every relationship, that's the starting point. Though, it's really tough finding true friends.What I'm looking for - - -Everyone has their way of finding their perfect match. For me, I'm just looking for someone that makes you feel comfortable right from the get go. From all night conversations to saying nothing while lying on the couch together. Someone that doesn't care much about appearance or materialistic things. It's all about great company. Just a little about me: I'm usually quiet and reserved in the beginning, but once I get comfortable I get more interesting. I would say my personality separates me from the rest. I'm not a girlie girl nor a tomboy. I'm a free spirited messy klutz who cusses like there's no end (hope you don't mind). I'm also a simple, easygoing, gullible person who can be sarcastic at times.There are times where I can be shockingly intelligent and other times I act like a stoner (i said act like NOT am). One minute I'll be goofy with a wacky ass imagination. Now who doesn't like variety? I live a non-extravagant life and I enjoy the simplest things. I'm a bit of a oddball always full of curiosity. I hate being old-fashioned and conventional. I'm a horrible liar so don't worry about trust when it comes to me.
The following day, to my surprise, I get an instant message from a dude I like to call, letter B. About three weeks later, we had our first date. It was really kick it. I immediately felt comfortable around him. Not physically comfortable, but more like the feeling that I've known him longer than the actual 3 hours we spent at BJ's. His presence and company made me feel at ease. Totally the opposite feeling any normal person would feel on a first semi-blind date. Initial meetings are usually awkward. Not in this case.
Before my first meeting with letter B, I was sitting in my car in the parking lot. He was running a bit late, which is one of my pet peeves especially when it cuts time away from eating. No one likes to see me food deprived. Anyway, I decided to let this one pass since it was a rainy day. Last thing I'd want to hear is him getting into an accident due to rushing. I remember I was on the phone with my girlfriend, Twinks. She was totally coaching me on what to say, how to act, etc. as if I've never been out with a dude. She was all, "If he compliments you, just smile and say thank you." Apparently, I have a habit of crushing the male ego. Me? Never! Muahahahaha! Nah - but on a serious note...I guess it's partly true. Now we are back to the present (a couple months later). I have not yet found anything wrong with letter B. Is this a good sign? Give me another couple months and I'll let you know. OK, OK - jokes aside. letter B is a cool dude. We seem to click so far. He seems really genuine and patient. He understands my situation and apparently, it's fine with him. All and all, I'm having a good time and right now that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment