My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Child Labor

After waking up from little sleep (due to the Get Em High party), my mom and sister decided to plan a field trip out to Ikea in Palo Alto. I tried to avoid going since I was pooped. They both said it was important that I come with them. One - I knew the measurements for the shelving unit we needed for the living room. Two - I'm the picky one. They did not want to chance me not liking the purchase. So... obviously me staying home was not an option no longer. Even worse, they volunteered me to drive. That is one of the disadvantages of owning a SUV - more space! Similar to going Target, going to Ikea is a death wish. You plan to buy one thing and end up buying more than expected. So, I ended up purchasing EJ a desk and chair for his room. On top of that another hamper and randomly a lint brush per EJ's request. I hope he's not turning into a pretty boy...Anyway, we left Ikea withOUT a shelving unit for our living room. UGH! Long story short, my mom and sister disagreed with my choice. Apparently, it was too high and too expensive. Afterwards, we headed back home. I was quite disappointed and irked. Once we got home, I was determined to find a freakin' shelving unit. I hopped online and browsed once again in the Ikea website. Thankfully, I found something. I told my sister about it and she was like - WTF?! We were just there! But she agreed to go with me on a Part II field trip to Ikea. We were in and out like a quick-style. We got home and my sister hurried me to get the shelf assembled quick so she can finally get back the laundry hamper. Yeah, we ghetto like that. When we moved in a couple months ago, we had to improvise. Originally, we had a nice entertainment center BUT this stupid thing called the fireplace was in the way. So, we pretty much had no choice but to eliminate and trash the nice entertainment center and use the hamper as a stand for our DVD player. Hilarious, right? OK. I'm finally getting to the real juicy stuff. EJ plans on building his desk and chair on his own. (BTW - he gets that building trait from his mommy) I was shocked when he finished assembling it. Being the lazy person that I am, I asked him (yes asked!) if he was interested in building the shelf also. He answered with a quick "Sure!". As I was supervising my son with the help of my lovely nieces, I was also watch Sunday Night Football - Eagles vs. Giants. I'm very grateful to have such a wonderful son. He's always there for me in time of need and laziness. It's such a great feeling to be able to sit back and watch your boy slowly transform into a miniature "beefy man boy" and take matters in his own hands with no parental guidance. I absolutely love when an unexpected situation leads to a joyful moment full of appreciation for parenthood. Maybe one day, you'll have a bomb diggity son like mine. Job well done, EJ! Muah!

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAH...look at my lil man in his beater. tooo cute...

    why is nelly belly making that face?

    ReplyDelete