My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

He's Just Not That Into You

4 years ago, I was in a relationship with my best friend. Exactly this time 4 years ago, I was planning my boyfriend's surprise 30th birthday party (which was no longer a surprise thanks to Larry McNeil). I thought we were in a happy place for a moment. 6 months go by and everything went bye-bye. My cousin, MJ was there when it was finally official. We went mad crazy on retail therapy. Well, I did at least. I never spent so much money on freakin nonsense items. It felt good though. But after the shopping spree, I was back in a condo that my ex-boyfriend and I shared. It was no longer a home for me. Long story short, I rented our unit out to awesome tenants Angela & Brian. When their year lease was up, it was time to sell. There was really no need to preserve the good and bad memories. My goal was to move on and move forward. Leave it all behind me. One day during my healing process, my cousin and I were at Barnes & Noble. She was stuck on a book she wanted me to read. Her co-worker at the time recommended it for all woman to read especially if they were going through tough times relationship-wise. I guess she wanted to give me a whole new perspective on men so I can start feeling good about myself and get over my ex. I took it into consideration. She finally found it and showed it to me. The title of the book pissed me off. It was called He's Just Not That Into You. I immediately took back my consideration and changed my mind. I turned to my cousin and was like... great! Thanks for the self confidence boost! That makes me feel so much better (sarcastically, of course). Talk about kicking me when I'm already down. I was mad at the author for choosing such an unattractive title. Anyway, she tried and tried to get me to read it and I refused. She even offered to buy it for me. I simply did not budge. Umm, I kinda know already that he's just not that into me. Duh! Hence, the break-up. So now back to the present. I was reading a snippet of Jennifer Aniston's interview with Vogue magazin online. You're wondering what she has to do with the book, right? Well towards the end of the article they mention her current upcoming roles. One of the movies to be released in theatres on February 6, 2009 is called He's Just Not That Into You. WHAT?! Is that what I think it is? I google'd it and yes - they are currently working on a movie based on that self-help book that my cousin wanted to purchase for me almost 4 years ago. So, now I'm thinking if there is a movie based on this book, it must be really good. Should I read it? YES! What's next? Well, I'm making history people. I'm official going to join my sisters' and cousins' reading club. I feel left out anyways. LOL! After work, I am going to rush over to Barnes & Nobles and purchase a hard cover of this book. Then, I'm going to read it to its entirety (176 pages - wow that's alot!). Finally come February 6th, 2009, I'm going to watch the movie so that I can participate in an intellectual conversation amongst us family members (Me, Irene, MA, MJ, and Jen). We will stand in the parking lot of the theatre and compare our thoughts about the book vs. the movie. Can't wait!!! Ladies - get ready! I'm predicting this movie will be awesome! 5 stars! Here's a sneak peak of the movie:

1 comment:

  1. HAHA...we did not stand in the parking lot, we stood on the sidewalk in front of the theatre. They totally ruined P.S. I Love you! If you watched the movie..and didn't read the book...you are really missin out.

    anywho...yeah i saw a preview for that at the theatre, i think. i may have to read that book after you but maybe i'll just put a book cover on it...i still don't like the title.

    ReplyDelete