My original purpose of this blog was to keep track of all of my "Things To Do" before my life expires. You know... stuff to do before you kick the bucket. Well people - here's my Bucket List or shall I say "Tabo" List. You only live once, so don't think twice. In addition to my "Tabo" List, you'll find me sharing how it's like to live the life of the wonderful share-bare. Happy Reading! ENJOY!

(inspired by the 2007 movie, The Bucket List )

1.) Pet a Tiger Cub
2.) Hold and Wrap a Snake Around Me
3.) Raise Money for a Good Cause

4.) Run a Half Marathon
5.) Run a Full Marathon

6.) Attend an Oprah Winfrey Show

7.) Meet Drew Barrymore in Person

8.) Go Dog Sledding in the Colorado Mountains
9.) Get Rock Hard Abs

10.) Write My Own Book and/or Sitcom

11.) Be in a Professional Photo Shoot
12.) Compete in a Bus Surfing Contest
13.) Step Inside of Grand Central Station in New York
14.) Cross the Golden Gate Bridge by Foot
15.) Adopt a dog named him Chaw-Lee <--I mean, Bam

16.) Learn to Swim so I Can be a Surfer Chick

17.) Enjoy a Special Brownie

18.) Hale Down a Yellow Cab
19.) Lie in a Hammock with Someone Special
20.) Apply for a Library Card
21.) Get a Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
22.) Get Kissed by a Hottie on New Year's (Strike of Midnight)

23.) Learn to be a Voice Over Artist
24.) Attend a Superbowl Game
25.) Sing the Song 'Killing Me Softly' at a Karaoke Bar
26.) Go Skinny Dipping

27.) Be on T.V.

28.) Go White Water Rafting in the American River
29.) Run up the "Rocky Steps" of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
30.) Marry Mr. Right

31.) Work Out So Hard That I Puke
32.) Go Stand Up Paddle Surfing (or Hoe he'e nalu) somewhere tropical

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Win a MUNI Bus Surfing Contest

Bus surfing contest opponent was Rolsuno. Location - San Francisco. Starting point was at a MUNI bus stop on Taraval located in the Sunset District. It was about quarter until 6:00 p.m. and we were both waiting for the bus or shall I say "L" street car to arrive. Destination - Downtown. I was pumped. It was an anxious and a very determined victory for me. We finally boarded the MUNI. Rolsuno and I headed to the rear of the bus where there were less people. Game was on. I checked my blackberry to check the starting time - 5:57 p.m. Ready, set, go! First round was fairly easy. The bus was empty leaving us with tons of space to work with. An asian couple was observing us, as well as an old lady. I'm sure people were wondering why we chose the option to stand when there were several empty seats for us. Anyway, this contest seemed like a piece of cake. I even had opportunities to take pictures of our reflections on the scratched up window. Boy am I short!
All of a sudden, my right foot started to cramp up. My feet were aching. I was concentrating on keeping my toes curled inwards so that my shoes could keep a good grip with the rubber floor. I wasn't sure if that technique was actually helping but it was worth a try. I looked at my blackberry for the time. It was 6:10 p.m. We were almost at the final stop which was the Embarcadero Station. We got off and waited to board the bus to go back to Taraval. I took advantage of the waiting time to stretch out my legs and rotate my ankles. By this time, I was wishing I had worn my comfortable Nike Equalon shoes. [sigh] It was 6:25 p.m. when we boarded on a bus back to Rolsuno's hood - The Sunset. Bus was a bit more crowded than the first bus we took. I began to draw some concerns of the possibility that I would not have enough room to balance. Next stop - Montgomery station. Oh d-d-dear. There were hella people boarding. My worst fear came true. Going into this, I'd never considered that I wouldn't have any room. The primary reason we chose to bus surf during a weekend evening was to not get in the way of rush hour. We were once again standing in the back of the bus but for some reason more people entered the bus from the rear. Why?! I took a step back towards the rear window of the bus. Suddenly, I lost my balance and backed up too far into the wall. It all happened slow motion. Rolsuno turned to me and noticed my loss of balance. He had a huge grin on his face because he knew that a part of my body would hit the glass window. That it did. My stupid ass....like literally, my ass bumped it first. UGH! From there our MUNI bus surfing contest concluded. By that time, it was exactly 6:30 p.m. Unsuccessful.
After months of lagging and postponements, this what happened to be an easy Tabo list item to knock off ended up in becoming a huge disappointment. I did not win. I'm a loser. I'm a sore loser. I wish I can turn back time and do things differently. Why did I have to be so considerate to such random strangers and take that one step back to failure! [sigh]
One day, I will try again. I'm not going to give up. I want to be the champion!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say you are a great competitor and that you forgot to add the part about the dude who flipped me off. BTW nice tag!!

    ReplyDelete